Yes! It's possible to add patients to Klara using our CSV upload feature. This can be used in tandem with your EMR, since most systems have the option to securely export patient data.
For best results, we recommend you complete an upload at least once per week.
How to use this:
- From your EMR system, find an option to export patient demographic details.
- Export patient details, making sure to include your patients' first name, last name, DOB, and cell phone number.
- Save the file as a .csv, .xls, or .xlsx file and open it in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets.
- Make sure first name, last name, DOB, and cell phone number are present somewhere as column headers in your spreadsheet. *Column names don't have to be exact matches - see below for what we accept.*
- Note: column headers for other, extraneous patient details do not have to be deleted from your document.
- Save your file as a .csv (comma separated values) file, formatted in Unicode (UTF-8). There is a limit of 10,000 rows per CSV - for larger imports, please use multiple files.
- That's it! Upload it into Klara on this page.
A patient profile will be created with each entry. Your patients will be prompted to activate their respective accounts when you send them their first message. The patients created via upload do not receive any notifications until they receive their first message. This is a way to provide a better patient experience and optimize your engagement levels.
*Accepted column headers:
- First Name / First / FirstName / PatientFirstName / Patient First Name / Patient First / Pt FirstName / Patient Firstname
- Last Name / Last / LastName / PatientLastName / Patient Last Name / Patient Last / Pt LastName / Patient Lastname
- Date of Birth / DateofBirth / DOB / Birthdate / PatientDOB / Patient DOB / PatientDOB / Pt Date of Birth (as YYYY-MM-DD, MM-DD-YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD, or MM/DD/YYYY)
- Phone / Phone Number / Cell Phone / PatientMobilePhone / Patient Mobile Phone / Mobile Phone / Mobile Number / Patient Mobile No / Pt Cell Num / Pt Cell Phone (as 1-555-555-5555, 15555555555, 555-555-5555, or 5555555555)
See here for detailed instructions from our most common EMRs.
Do you need help with this? We're always free to help!
Click the link below and we'll help you, 1 on 1.